Launch of AusAID’s Child Protection Policy 2013
AusAID launched its Child Protection Policy 2013 on 8 February 2013, as part of its ongoing commitment to protecting children from exploitation and abuse around the world. AusAID first introduced a comprehensive Child Protection Policy in March 2008.
More about the updated policy
As Australians we believe in the fundamental right of children to grow up safely and enjoy a childhood that is free from exploitation and abuse.
AusAID's Child Protection Policy’s goal is to protect children from exploitation and abuse of all kinds in the delivery of Australia’s overseas aid program.
The policy’s objective is to create and maintain protective environments for children in the delivery of Australia's overseas aid program.
This policy applies to:
- AusAID staff members
- all contractor and civil society organisations funded by AusAID, including:
- individual contractors
- partners or organisations subcontracted by AusAID-funded contractors or civil society organisations
- personnel of AusAID-funded contractors and civil society organisations
- Australian Volunteers for International Development Program participants and partners
- multilateral organisations and bilateral donor partners funded by AusAID.
If you have any further questions, you can contact AusAID's Child Protection Compliance Section or call +61 2 6178 5100.